Friday, June 24, 2005

Conversations with Angie: Are God's roles inconsistent with each other?

Sam

I wasn't debating. Just discussing. :)

I think you're right, and we'll have to agree to disagree. In any case, we won't be able to arrive at a definitive answer.

I do find it interesting, though, that you said:

"Basically, 'Father' is just one role God has among many. God is also king, judge, ruler, etc. He fills all of these roles. His role as a judge may, in some cases, be inconsistent with his role as a Father."

I've never heard a Christian say that God's various roles could be inconsistent with each other. Usually, I've heard that we may not understand why He does something in a particular way, but that all of His actions, in any role, are consistent with His nature/being.

So, on to the next point!

How did your test go today?

~Angie

Conversations with Angie:  The meaning of fatherhood

No comments: