Friday, October 16, 2009

lightsaber fight

I don't remember if I showed this to y'all or not. About a year ago, I downloaded a free rotoscoping software called lsmaker that allows you to put lightsabers in your videos. The program doesn't have a lot of flexibility, but it's free, and you can actually add lightsabers more quickly than in ordinary rotoscoping software.

I captured some sounds effects on the internet and used Audacity (which is also free) to edit them for the video. Then I used Windows Movie Maker to put it all together. It took me about 4.5 hours to do 30 seconds of video. After I did this, I had an all new respect for people who did Star Wars.

The is my niece and nephew, Julia and Jake, fighting in my sister's back yard.

3 comments:

DagoodS said...

Coolest. Uncle. Ever.

Psiomniac said...

Well done!

By the way, thanks for the game, do let me know if you fancy a rematch. Check out www.redhotpawn.com

If you get chance to stop by my blog, I'd appreciate any comment on the latest.

Sam Harper said...

Thanks for the link. That looks like a good way for me to get better. I hardly ever have people to play with. I don't think I like playing through email, though. Sorry I took so long. I'll check out your blog.